Sunday, December 15, 2013

Challenge Accepted~

I had the pleasure of talking to a very special lady today.
She told me at one point,
 that I was beautiful.
My first reaction, 
though not voiced...
Was my mind racing to all the negative things.
Why is it so hard to accept a compliment?
Conditioning?
Lack of confidence?
She reminded me that there is a fine line
between worthiness and conceit.
I wrestled with the concept.
She went on to say that 
we need to empower ourselves.
Her example,
when someone tells you 
that you are awesome.
Say, WE are awesome...
The reaction is pretty wonderful
and it will empower you.
She went on to remind me that 
I haven't blogged in a while...
So,
Challenge Accepted.
With the New Year right around the corner,
we should all try to learn to accept a compliment.
Not only empower ourselves but others.
I can tell you it leaves a long lasting 
effect on the person that you have given it to.
You are Beautiful...
XoXo
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment