Baked apples are a sweet and savory after dinner treat.
Total Time: 45 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Yield: 8 servings, ½ apple each
• 4 medium apples
• 1 Tbsp. butter, quartered
• ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
• 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
• ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
• ½ tsp. ground ginger
• ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
• 1 dash ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Combine butter, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a small bowl; mix with a fork until crumbly.
3. Core apples and fill them evenly with oat mixture.
4. Place in a square baking dish and fill dish with 1 cup water. Cover lightly with aluminum foil.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake apples for 20 minutes or until the skin is wrinkled and apples are fork tender.
Found on the BeachBody website
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Saturated Fat: 1g
Sugar Total: 16g