Monday, December 17, 2012

Make This New Year's Resolution Bullet Proof

First, I want to thank Malinda for letting me write today's post. Malinda is a dear friend from high school and has really supported me in my Beachbody business. I love sharing my experience with friends (and anyone else who will listen) :) If you want to read about my P90X transformation story, you can check out my website here.

Alright, it's almost the New Year and everyone is getting ready to post their New Year resolution on their Facebook page or Twitter, right?

What's the most popular resolution? Getting fit and trimming the bulge. It's a noble gesture, but the truth is most resolutions are not successful.

We start with good intentions and determination, but left on our own, life gets busy and the effort dwindles. Breaking old habits and taming the unconscious mind takes work. What people need to be successful is support. The kind of support that makes it fun and keeps us accountable.

With the help of social media, we have all but got this problem kicked.

We call them Challenge Groups. As a Team Beachbody Coach, I help organize groups of 5-7 people who are taking a fitness program challenge or an Ultimate Reset challenge.

Whether it's a group that is doing TurboFire or P90X or The Ultimate Reset, it works the same.

I create a Facebook group online where we can all get to know each other, ask questions, share experiences and get support from each other. I have done this with a 60 day program called the Insanity workout and it was a blast. We not only shared in our suffering (Insanity is hard core cardio training), but also in our success. Having friends online checking in with you everyday keeps you accountable and motivated. It also reminds that you are not alone in your endeavor and that someone has your back. Of course, you end up making new friends, so it's a win all the way around.

You can even win cash prizes for your results. Beachbody starts with $500 cash prizes all the way up to the $100,000 grand prize winner for the years most remarkable transformation.

Every day, I am motivated by one of the Beachbody challenge winners. All I have to do is log into the site and see who won that week. Since we started creating Challenge groups, there is never a shortage of ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

Check out one of last weeks winner, Melanie. Melanie is 42 and a mother of 2. She ended up losing 75.2 lbs. 16.5" off her waist and dropped 6 dress sizes.

Listen to her story and try not to be inspired.

Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body? * Prior to starting my Turbo Fire challenege in January 2012 I had hit a record (non-pregnant) high for my weight. I hated my body and was extremely self-concious. I was lethargic, depressed and uncertain of what steps to take to get back on track with my weight and my health. I knew I needed to do something, but I didn't have the energy or the focus to layout a plan of attack.

What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey? *

My children are my inspiration. As I looked at my activity level and their activity level, we were on opposite ends of the spectrum. My 7 year old daughter is a gymnast and can workout non-stop for 4 hours, I could barely workout non-stop for 20 minutes. My 5 year old is a free spirit who needed a mommy who could run free with her, I was too embarrassed to run free because of my weight. Fortunately a friend had found beachbody and shakeology a few months earlier and encouraged me to give it a try. Prefacing it with, this isn't an overnight process. I knew at this point in my life, I needed a program that was long term...... I needed a lifestyle change.

What is the greatest challenge you faced before beginning the program? How did the program and Beachbody® help you overcome that challenge?

Dedication to exercise!!! I have lost weight before, but never through an intense exercise program. I had always focused on dieting and not on my overall fitness. Beachbody, Turbo Fire, Les Mills Pump, ChaLean Extreme and Insanity helped me to realize that weight loss isn't the only goal I should have, thus helping me to adhere to the workout schedule. The workout schedule was a great motivator!!! Without being told which workouts to do each day, I may have easily got off track, but with the great schedules and SuperGym, there was no way to say "I didn't know what workout to do today."

Why did you choose this particular program?

The programs I choose have been based on my goals at the time, weight loss to strength building to toning, each program has had a major impact on reaching my goals! Top priority though is fun workouts that I enjoy doing! Whether it be the great music with TF, the rockin bodies of LMP, the amazingly motivational Chalene, or most recently the overly zealous and fun Shaun T. , they have all made working out enjoyable!

What in particular did you like about the program you chose? I loved the Way the programs integrate cardio workouts and strength training. The variety of workouts and exercises are wonderful, I never feel bored! Exhausted some days, but never bored!

Describe the results you achieved with your Beachbody program. Which achievements are you proud of?

I have regained my energy and confidence! I know that I can and will continue this journey to a healthier lifestyle! I am proudest of the dedication that I displayed to the programs and my goals! I am so happy that my children recognize the hard work I have put into this goal and that they are proud of me. Most Importantly my children, husband and family no longer view me as being on a diet, this is my new lifestyle!

How has your life changed since completing your Beachbody program? I have become more focused and active. My confidence is higher and I feel healthy, not just "fit". I love the knowledge I have gained about health and fitness and my ability to share it with others! Plus, I have met a new group of people who share the same goals for a healthier lifestyle!

How did participating in a Challenge Group help you reach your goals? How did your group support you and keep you accountable?

The challenge group is absolutely great! By having a support group that I am accountable to, I feel an obligation to succeed! Daily reporting is the key to my success!

How did a Beachbody Supplement or Nutritional Product or Program affect any existing health conditions you have?

in January I will have been drinking shakeology for 1 year. At that time I will have my blood work completed to see the changes that have taken place. I had no real documented health conditions however my doctor was extremely concerned about the direction my health and bloodworm was taking. Very excited for that visit!

Her transformation is amazing, but her story is not unlike most of ours, which means that we are all capable of succeeding with our New Year's resolution and getting the results we want.

Make this year's resolution bullet proof with a support group.

If you have any questions about Challenge groups, fitness programs, Shakeology, or you need a recipe for the best christmas cookies, please contact me here.

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Remember...we are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment