Thursday, February 28, 2013

True Story~

I have been going to Zumba classes now
 for a few months.
I would have never gone if it wasn't for 
a friend that kept at me to do it.
I am so glad that she kept 
nudging me to go.
It's funny...
I am a competitive person by nature.
I try not to compare myself to anyone,
but, with all that being said,
there is a woman in my class that 
really makes me want to step up 
my intensity while working out.
She makes every class seem so easy.
By the time class is over I am drowning 
in my own sweat.
She, barely looks like she has even 
broken a sweat...
Tonight, as I walked out of class
I was behind her and a few other 
ladies.
You could have knocked me over with 
a feather when I heard her friend say,
I hope you had a Happy 18th Birthday!
WoW!
A moment of perspective,
 hit me like a ton of 
Bricks!
It also made me realize 
that we are in two completely different
stages in our lives...
I have lived so much more than she has.
I have been in the Military,
I have traveled all over,
I have two kids.
It just was a reminder to me 
that you should never compare 
yourself to anyone else.
Just be the Best version 
of yourself! 
XoXo
<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment