Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Forget Perfect~

Guess it is kind of silly... 
I have spent so many years trying to be perfect...
Tonight, I had an "awaking"...
I was at Zumba class and I started looking around.
Know what I saw?
I saw a place that there was no 
Race, Age, Gender, or Perfection.
It was a room filled with Women & Men 
that only had one desire, at that moment...
To become a healthier version of them self.
If you have ever been to a Zumba class 
you know that it is a fast paced environment. 
It is not a place where you can mentally "check out".
You have to be there, present not only in body but in mind.
For you see... 
If you don't... 
You will most likely, be bumping into someone.
That is when it happened...
I started thinking... 
When I should have been in the moment...
I took a minute to realize, 
that there was not one of us 
in that room that is perfect...
What really is "Perfect"?!?
It is an unrealistic idea.
What I mean by that, 
is that nothing is or will ever be perfect.
It may be amazing, wonderful and incredible, 
but it can never be perfect.
Perfect, leaves no room for growth, 
working harder or for the desire to do better.
If everything is perfect...
What is left to do & why bother?!?
So, starting today...
I no longer strive to be perfect...
Today,
I start living to enjoy myself...
To be a healthier version of myself 
&
to be kinder to myself...
XoXo
<3


No comments:

Post a Comment