Saturday, April 20, 2013

Song Saturday~Zac Brown Band~ Chicken Fried



You know I like my chicken friedA cold beer on a Friday nightA pair of jeans that fit just rightAnd the radio up
Well, I was raised upBeneath the shade of a Georgia pineAnd that’s home you knowSweet tea, pecan pie and homemade wineWhere the peaches grow

And my house it’s not much to talk aboutBut it’s filled with loveThat’s grown in southern ground

And a little bit of chicken friedCold beer on a Friday nightA pair of jeans that fit just rightAnd the radio up

Well, I’ve seen the sunriseSee the love in my woman’s eyesFeel the touch of a precious childAnd know a mother’s love

It's funny how it’s the little things in lifeThat mean the mostNot where you live or what you driveOr the price tag on your clothesThere’s no dollar sign on a piece of mindThis I’ve come to know

So if you agree, have a drink with meRaise your glasses for a toast

To a little bit of chicken friedCold beer on a Friday nightA pair of jeans that fit just rightAnd the radio up

Well, I’ve seen the sunriseSee the love in my woman’s eyesFeel the touch of a precious childAnd know a mother’s love

I thank God for my lifeAnd for the stars and stripesMay freedom forever flyLet it ring

Salute the ones who diedThe ones that give their livesSo we don’t have to sacrificeAll the things we love

Like our chicken friedAnd cold beer on a Friday nightA pair of jeans that fit just rightAnd the radio up

Well, I’ve seen the sunriseSee the love in my woman’s eyesFeel the touch of a precious childAnd know a mother’s love

Yes, a little chicken friedCold beer on a Friday nightA pair of jeans that fit just rightAnd the radio up

Well, I’ve seen the sunriseSee the love in my woman’s eyesFeel the touch of a precious childAnd know a mother’s love

 

No comments:

Post a Comment