Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cancer Causing Cosmetics?~

I am not a huge fan of BCA, but I found this article and thought that it was worthy of blogging about.
I can honestly say that in the beginning ( when I first started using cosmetics ).
My choices were based on did I like the color, scent, & product (period).
Then I became aware of animal testing.
So my choices changed to cruelty free products.
A while back I read something about different "additives" that 
companies had been putting in their cosmetics & I decided that I had had enough.
I limit my cosmetic use and when I do wear make up I use products from Lush.
Their line is made up of using natural materials.
I have found that they are a little bit more expensive, but the benefits 
to me out weigh the cost.

No More Lead-Filled Lipstick: Take Action for Safer Cosmetics
Filed under blog
Women’s health is under assault again – cosmetics companies are fighting to keep their products among the least-regulated in the country. Don’t let them get away with it.
For too long, cosmetics companies have made personal care products that are bad for our health. And many of the harmful chemicals in products aren’t listed on the labels.
We see mercury in face cream, lead in lipstick, and formaldehyde in baby shampoo. Why are they there at all? We shouldn’t be exposed to harmful chemicals when we’re taking care of our bodies.
Your action today can make a difference in the lives of women tomorrow. As Congress prepares to reconsider the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, they need to hear from you.
Tomorrow, the House Committee on Energy and Commerce’s Subcommittee on Health will hold a hearing entitled “Examining the Current State of Cosmetics” – the first hearing of its kind in over 30 years. Elected officials will consider current regulations, weaknesses that allow personal care products to contain harmful ingredients, and recommendations for the future. Cosmetics industry officials are expected to turn out in droves. We want to make sure that our voices are heard too.
Cosmetics companies are used to getting their way because money talks. But together, we can shout louder. Demand that women’s health comes before corporate profits. Demand a change. Contact the Subcommittee members today and tell them you want stronger regulation of personal care products.
Another perspective & their thoughts Needing Safer Cosmetics...

No comments:

Post a Comment