Monday, March 26, 2012

Training~

As you get into the season, preparing for the 3-Day event one thing is quite certain.
You have to train & have the right gear! 
Each person is uniquely different, and for that reason I highly recommend going to a local running store to get fitted for a pair, or two of sneakers that will carry you through training and then the actual event.
As much as I know some people try to match their shoes to their outfits...
I would say, if it works...
Fine, but if it doesn't...
 It will not be the end of the world.
To train for walking 60 miles in 3 days is no small thing.
It takes countless hours and miles walked to get ready for what you are about to take on.
Do not look for the least expensive shoes, rather search for a pair of shoes that you are comfortable in.
Socks are another thing to think about.  
Everyone has their own ways to get the 60 miles done.
I can only offer you my advice and tell you what has worked for me in the past.
I am a huge fan of Body Glide and if wearing socks a medium weight.
I change out my socks more than most.
I learned early on, while in the Marines to change your socks often.
If for whatever reason your feet get messed up, it can take you out of the event.
Not to mention that it can be one of the most painful things to deal with.
If you start training early, you have time to make mistakes and correct them...
Before you get to the 3-Day.
I hope to give you some of my tips & tricks that I have used to get through multiple events.
If I can save you the costly, or painful mistakes that I have made over the last 3 years then it will all be worth it.
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment