Monday, July 9, 2012

Motivational Monday~ Self Discovery

Hey you...
Yes, you.  Stop being unhappy with yourself.  
You are perfect.  
Stop wishing you looked like 
someone else or wishing people liked you as much 
as they like someone else.  
Stop trying to get 
attention from those who hurt you.  
Stop hating your body, your face, 
your personality, your quirks.
Love them...
Without those things you wouldn't be you,
and why would you want to be anyone else?
Be confident with who you are...
Smile, 
it will draw people in,
if anyone hates on you because you are happy
with yourself then you stick your middle finger in 
the air and say screw it...
My happiness will not depend on others anymore.
I'm happy because I love who I am...
I love my flaws, I love my imperfections...
They make me, me and "me" is pretty
Amazing... 
I am learning to find my happiness within...
To love my flaws, imperfections
and to even be able to let go of 
others expectations of me.
I am working on finding 
peace in my heart...
It is a journey of self discovery,
learning
being content...
With me...
In a world where we are always
consumed with what others think,
the media if forever telling us what 
is perfect...
It makes this journey all the more 
difficult.
Let me say that again...
Difficult, 
not impossible.
So, seeing that this is 
a journey
not a race.
I have to prepare myself 
for all that will come with it...
I am prepared for days 
that will be harder than others. 
Days when it would be easier 
to not try, then to try.
With all that being said,
I know that you have to love 
yourself, 
before you can be loved by another...
So today...
I work on loving myself.
Though I may never be 
"Perfect".
I will be to at least one...
XoXo

1 comment:

  1. I sincerely appreciate the well crafted teaching you share in your blog. At songofshambhala.com we are gathering voices like yours together in an effort to introduce your inspiring words with individuals who have found the souls awakened by the enovel Song of Shambhala.

    At Wind of Epiphany Media we see the upheaval in legacy media as an opportunity for a renaissance in storytelling. We believe in the dynamic potential of our “Story and Song” platform that uses music infused ebooks, tethered to an online community to combine the irresistible draw of music and the power of stories with the connectivity and co-creation of social media.

    Every blogger will be free to promote their own blog with non-commercial links and will have the opportunity to participate our branded merchandise program to promote their brands and expand their visibility.

    At songofshambhala.com, in addition to introducing thought leaders such as yourself, we will be introducing our readers to art and music by artists and musicians whose work is a natural fit for a message of personal empowerment.

    If you would like to learn more about our “Story and Song” platform and flagship enovel, Song of Shambhala, click on the link below:

    http://songofshambhala.com/portals/song-of-shambhala-qwiki/

    I believe that if other thought leaders like you could join together to create a chorus of inspiring voices we could create change in our world in our time. I hope you will consider being a part.

    Feel free to email me at pwhite@windofepiphanymedia.com for more information

    ReplyDelete