Friday, October 12, 2012

Fantastic Foodie Friday~ Lemon Mousse


If you’re looking for a super easy, no bake dessert that you can pull together in just minutes, then this is it...  
(If you can plan ahead a bit, I actually prefer it after it’s had a little time to chill in the refrigerator). 
It’s light and lemony and something I make often when I need a little something sweet. 
I always have lemon curd on hand in my pantry, which is readily available at many good grocery stores. This mousse is perfect on its own, served with fresh berries or turned into a trifle that’s layered with fruit and pound cake.  This is not my usual recipe that I post, as I try to stay on the light & healthy side of things.  
Every now and again we need to indulge... 

3 tablespoons lemon curd
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup fresh berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries), optional

Place lemon curd in a small bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat cream in a medium bowl until medium peaks form. Transfer to bowl of lemon curd and gently fold in cream until well incorporated, taking care not to deflate whipped cream. Place berries, if using, in a serving bowl and top with lemon mousse.

Serves 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment