Monday, September 10, 2012

Savvy Saturday~ Glade Paint Additives

 In my endeavors to get the house cleaned up & cleaned out.  Getting the house ready to put on the market.  I have been taking one room at a time and stripping all the wallpaper, trying to breathe new life into the house.  When I went to Home Depot to pick out the new colors, I found that they have a new item that you can add to your paint.  A scent oil that can be mixed right into the paint!  Currently they only have a few new scents that you can pick from, but I decided it was worth a try.  For about five dollars you can add the scent.  The results... I only added one packet as I didn't know how it would work.  I can say that I was happy with the end results.  At first it was strong, but as the paint dried and the days have gone on it has subdued and it pleasant.  I wouldn't add more than one packet into the paint, as for me I think it would be over powering, but I do like how it turned out.  Just a thought if you are thinking about painting a room in the future...

This was details that they had by the display about the product.

Using the largest part of your home – the walls and ceiling, Glade™ Paint Additive produces a long-lasting, pleasant fragrance for several months! Glade™ Paint Additive is formulated for use with latex or latex enamel paints, with popular Glade™ fragrances consumers have come to know and love! For best results, add to all coats of paint with a minimum of two coats being applied. The recommended mixing ratio is 1oz/30ml (1 packet) per gallon of paint. For a stronger, longer lasting effect or in areas with odor problems, you may choose to add an additional pack. Thoroughly mix paint prior to each application. During the painting process the fragrance level will be much stronger than after the paint has dried.
 Ideal for bathrooms, closets, laundry rooms, basements, garages or any room in your home. It is also great for use in rental properties, hotels, motels, apartments, public restrooms and locker rooms. Smoke damaged property? Placing your house on the market? The practical applications are unlimited!

No comments:

Post a Comment