Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Journey Home~

I know that I am not the first, 
&
 sadly...
I will not be the last.
To lay to rest a loved one that 
fought valiantly against Breast Cancer.
Determination, Grace, and Dignity.
While living each moment till the last one came.
I watched, prayed & hoped that she would beat the odds.
Now, as the hot, stinging tears run down my face.
I choke back the lump that is in my throat.
I will prepare to pay my respects, to the newest 
Warrior Angel that has earned her wings.
I will not quit fighting.
In her memory, and for others that still fight.
I will continue to do all I can,
 so that no one else has to get that call.
That their loved one's fight is over.
I know that she is no longer in pain.
She has been released from all of that,
as she made her final journey home.
I know that she is in a better place.
Even as the tears stream down my face.
I know that I am not alone.
I have a Warrior Angel that will 
watch over me as I continue 
the fight.
Rest In Peace...
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment