Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Two Simple Words~

Today held 86,400 seconds, did you even use one to say Thank you?
This weekend we will be celebrating Memorial day,
most likely with our loved ones.
Most don't even give this weekend another thought.
 For them, it is a chance 
to celebrate & have a good time.
For me, it has quite a different meaning.
As all of you make preparations to celebrate Memorial Day and the long weekend, PLEASE take time to remember those who have given their lives for our freedoms and those who are fighting right now. 
We owe them so much. God Bless them, each and every one.

This is:
~the weekend for picnics ~ a Soldier gave us that freedom.
~the weekend for Family ~ a Family lost a Member for you.
~the weekend for Friends ~ they have been counting ONE less now for years.
~ the weekend for MEMORIES
~ how are YOURS?

In lasting Memory, of those Honorable men and women, found in ALL branches of Service;
Dedicated to those living and those who are but the gray shadows of this, our collected past…
YOU are NOT forgotten!
So many people have forgotten the easiest
& most meaningful thing that you can say...
Is simply...
Thank You.
It doesn't have to be a long winded speech,
just a Thank you for your Service...
Some will never know the sacrifices that are,
and have been made.
We didn't do it for the fame or the money,
we did it because someone has to...
As I wake up in the morning, and as I go to bed at night.
I Thank those that protect my freedoms.
I know that the road is not an easy one,
and that you rarely hear the words 
Thank You.
I don't take for granted you or what you do.
I am eternally grateful
for those that have paid the ultimate price 
for my freedoms...
I say, 
I hope I can be worthy of your sacrifice.
Too many people are caught up with 
things that really don't matter.
I could make a list, 
but you know what...
They don't matter!
Take the time to say Thank You!
It's the easiest thing you can do,
and it means so much...
Be Thankful Every Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment