Thursday, December 29, 2011

I would like to think...

I can honestly say that I don't understand everything that happens.  Sometimes it takes time and distance away from a situation to give you clarity and new perspective.  Time to let the raw emotions settle and to let the new- ness of a situation fade.  Other times, no matter how much time and distance you put between yourself and the situation, it never seems to make it any easier.  You are most likely trying to figure out what sparked this blog tonight.  Over the last 24 hours I have been enlightened by events that have taken place.  Neither situation am I directly involved in, but both I find that I am the recipient of the ripple effect.  So, when I found my picture tonight it fit.  Almost too perfectly.  When I write my blog entries, they are about what comes to me at that moment.  Unless I have spoken to someone ahead of time and they know that I am using them in the blog, and they have consented.  I just pick random thoughts or use a headline that"speak" to me.  I hope that with my entries you can find something useful, humorous, enlightening or even something new to try.  I want this to be a blog that people enjoy.  Yes, I talk a lot about the 3-Day and cancer related topics.  The reason behind this blog coming to life was because I was chosen to be an on line ambassador for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, but I want it to be something that everyone can feel like they can take something away from, hence, the Fantastic Foodie Fridays.  I may not always have the most inspiring entries, but they always come from the heart and I hope as you read thru the different entries you can feel that.  Sometimes, you just have to keep smiling even though your heart is breaking.  Put on a brave face and hold your head up high knowing that you have done all you can do to make a difference in a positive way.  Some people will be receptive to all of your efforts and others it will fall def on.  We can't change how someone will react to something.  All we can do is keep showing people by our actions that we are who we say we are, and we mean what we say.  If you love someone, keep loving them.  Even during the times that are the most difficult and even if they try to shut you out.  If you truly love someone...Eventually, in time even if you never find out, they will come to realize that you loved them.  As much as people want to debate it, I believe with my whole heart that everything happens for a reason.  We may not know at the time, why or to what purpose it serves, but eventually we find out.  Sometimes it is to teach a lesson, sometimes it's to learn the meaning of that lesson and other times it leads us to find the lesson.  I believe that one day we all will have the opportunity to see the story of our life and how it unfolded.  Lingering questions will be answered and everything will make sense.  So, tonight as I lay my head down I will pray.  That those people that I love, even though we are separated by distance, know that the connection we have by heart will never be severed... One day, all of our questions will be answered... Until then, have Faith... Even if it is the size of a mustard seed...
XoXo

3 comments:

  1. I like to respond to your blog posts so you know somebody is out here reading it, and typically I never have a shortage of words. However, I find this entry rather though provoking and I completely agree that everything happens for a reason. I'm just not sure what else if anything I want to say in direct response, so I'm going to leave it at "AMEN!" God bless you, and I love ya bunches!!!! XOXO....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Malinda. This is insightful and thoughtful. You made a difference to me today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know that my words & posts make a difference!
    Blessings to you both...
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete