Saturday, December 24, 2011

Random Acts~ Part Twelve...

As tonight is Christmas Eve and the end of my 12 days of Random acts I wanted to do something really special.  As most of you know I was in the Marines.  I am Red, White & Blue thru & thru but I bleed Pink... I had a few "irons" in the fire to get something done tonight, but it didn't pan out for one reason or another so I set my sites on doing something else.  Tomorrow as we make our way to a friends house we are going to swing by and pay a visit to a Veterans Hospital.  I have spent the greater part of the day going through ( mostly my clothes ).  I managed to clean out 5 garbage bags full of clothes, that I either no longer fit in because I lost weight, don't like the style any longer or just couldn't see me wearing it again.  I washed all of it and then folded it all up & sorted it by size into the bags.  I know that their are not many female Vets that are there but I am hoping that they can find something to use, & that they might like.  If not I have included a note asking that they just pay it forward to a non-profit venue.  I don't want it going to The Salvation Army or Goodwill as there are people out there that really need the help or items and don't have the money to go in & buy it.  Even at a reduced rate.  On the way home we are also, as a family going to stop into a retirement community and spend a little bit of time sharing with those that can't spend their Holiday with loved ones for one reason or another.  I want the boys to see that their are people out in the world that deserve help, but some are too proud to ask for help.  We all need help at sometime in our life.  There is no shame in asking for help, there is no reason to feel small because you accepted help.  We all need to help out our fellow Man, Woman or Child if they are in need and we are in a position to do so.  Sometimes it doesn't even cost us a dime.  Sometimes it is as easy as spending our time with them.  Share a Smile, a Warm Hug or even a Kind Word.  Every gift given doesn't have to be in a big box or wrapped with a perfect bow it just needs to be delivered with love.  My wish for each and everyone of you tonight, is that your gift is received in and with Love...
                                                                                     XoXo

1 comment:

  1. YOU are a GIFT my friend! God bless you and thank you!!!!! Merry Christmas! XOXO...

    ReplyDelete