Saturday, December 31, 2011

"Resolutions"

Instead of making a New Years Resolution, I am going to challenge you to pick 3 words that you would like to embody...  I am doing this on my Facebook page ( if you want to find me to join in you can find me under Malinda Humes ) & having people post their words with a picture of themself... So far, it is really cool to see everyone that has done it...  don't believe in Resolutions, because most people only make them to break them.  I believe in making life changes.  Committing to make life better, easier or ( fill in the blank ).  To move life in a positive direction.  Everyone has to do what is right for them.  What may work for one, may not work for another. The longer I live, the more I have come to realise that you can't be someone else.  You may wish, want or even try to reproduce that person's life, but why?  You are wonderfully, spectaturally, naturally you.  Live your life, not someone else's.  You have to be comfortable in your own skin, with your thoughts and feelings.  You need to be proud of that fact.  So many of us are willing to be so accepting of others, but not ourselves... Why?  I know that I am no exception.  I am my harshest critic, to the point of being brutal.  I used not to be able to take a compliment, I am better at it, but I still have times that I catch myself.  We all have things that we want to be better.  So pick one or two things and make that positive change in your life.  No one will magically do it for you, and if you don't do it.  Wishing, wanting & waiting won't bring about the change.  Oh, one other thing.  You are never too Old or Young to get what you want!  Don't be swayed by a "No" or by not getting the responce you want or are looking for.  Consider it a hurdle or a wall.  It just is there to challenge you.  To make you stronger, more determined and to make you periodically take a look at your goal.  Is it still what you want?  Or do you need to tweak your goal?  Do not let anyone chose your destination, happiness or success.  We each are a unique gift.  For that gift to be properly appriciated, we have to first see the value of it first.  My wish for each and every one of you in 2012 is to see your own value and to cherish your worth.  We all have an area of opportunity to work on, but are we willing to make the sacrifice to achieve it?
 
30 Things to let go of... So, you can be all that you were meant to be... 
P.S.  Thank you for coming to my blog & reading my posts.  It has been an Amazing Year & I am Blessed & Better, for having each one of you in my Life...

Thank you Lisa for making the 2012 picture for the Blog~ Love it, Love you...    

1 comment:

  1. You are the BEST you there is!!! I LOVE you, and cherish our friendship. XOXO.....

    ReplyDelete