Saturday, October 8, 2011

If your just tuning in...

Yesterday, I spent 14 hours working with Chris & Courtney and their team at Bridge Street Pizza.  We had a very successful first ever "Slice of Hope" event.  It was wonderful to see everyone come out and have a great evening.  I managed to get a little "Pink" standing outside all day selling 50/50 tickets, Alpha-Pink-Omega T-shirts, Angel of Grace Bracelets,  & Dog Tags made by Moser's Custom.  Monday I will have the total number for the event.  Today, I got wonderful news from my PINK Family.   Tammy, who is Judy's daughter is expecting their first child in April. Congrats to the whole family as a new child is such a wonderful blessing.  Then I got the crushing news.  Bridget, who I have written about before.  Her battle has become dire.  I will let you read her words as they are far more eloquent than I could ever try to write.  Bridget's Story in her own words...  After reading her words, I came to realize why there are so many shades of PINK... There are some for when you are Happy, there are others that are reserved for when you are Sad & yet others for when you are Angry... I am a sea of emotions right now.  On the surface, I am gentile waves, that are caressing the beach as they keep their rhythmic motion.  Underneath, I am a churning.  Undertows, and currents that are holding so much power as they twist & swirl.  I pray, I have been praying harder & longer than I have in years.  Taylor is another woman who I have written about who is fighting, her cancer is aggressive as well.  Taylor's Story These two beautiful, amazing women are in their 20's.  I struggle every day to try to make a difference.  I started this journey, when I started I never knew that it would would have the effect on me that it has. Tonight I hit my knees and Pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment