Monday, November 7, 2011

24 Hours Later...

Today started out with pouring down rain. Then, an e-mail telling me that I am in risk of losing my Facebook account in 24 hours because of excessive "posting", which is funny because since the 28th of October I have had to do everything via my Mother's account to pretty much post anything! Then I got a phone call from home telling me that a friend of mine, son was killed this weekend in a car accident.  I have hit the triple trifecta today.  I spent the day trying to cope with everything, I ended up cleaning my parents house from top to bottom, doing all the laundry and even went to the library to check out some movies and books so I could escape from my current "reality".  My Mother is thrilled that her house is shining like a new penny, but I am still having a hard time tonight putting it all into perspective and knowing what I can or should do from here.  I sent a message to my friend expressing our deepest condolences and told them to contact me 24/7 and I would do what ever I could for her, even if it was just to be a ear to vent to.  I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how to post to my Facebook account with little luck, and the rain.  Well...better now, then this up coming weekend while I will be on my final 3-Day journey for this year. My mind keeps going back to my friend & my heart is broken for her.  I don't know all the details, but I don't have to.  I just keep thinking in the back of my head, what if that were Tristin or Tyler?  I guess for now the only thing I can do is give her room to grieve and be there for her in any way that she wants me to.  Nothing I can say, or do will change what has happened, but if I could even bring about a little light into the darkness...  So for tonight, where ever you are, & what ever you are doing, take a moment to tell those that are special to you, how much they mean to you.  Tonight as I say my prayers, I will be saying a special one for my friend, her family & for all that I hold near & dear and love with all my heart... XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment