Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Field Trip...

Today, I took a little break to spend some time with the family.  Each day I am going out for training walks, but I can't be gone too long as my Mom has her hands full.  Leaving her with Tristin & Tyler can be a little over whelming especially when they want to go, go , GO!  So, Today my Mother took us to Arizona's Natural History Museum in Mesa.  We decided to take the kids for a little field trip.  In between my training walks and getting everybody all ready for the 3-Day experience. The trip took us about four hours total.  We got to look and learn about all different kinds of dinosaurs, & see their bones. Then we went to look at the planets and different kinds of minerals.  We learned about the Arizona desert and the creatures that inhabit it, the boys even got to see a Gila Monster eating a mouse, they were fascinated.  I found out that I would have made an amazing prospectors wife, but would have starved if I had actually had to be a prospector as I didn't have the patience or the desire to sit for hours on end panning for gold.  I was amused with it for about a 1/2 hour.  Tyler ended up soaking wet from his attempt at panning for gold. Tristin did fairly well and I believe that my Mom has prospecting in her veins!  We had a great time and it was a nice side trip for all of us.  Tyler surprised me when he saw one of the pictures of space and he referred to it as "Pink Heaven"... Out of the mouths of babes...

"Pink Heaven"
Tristin & Tyler learning about Dinosaurs

No comments:

Post a Comment