Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Day of Surprises...

The day started off with a training walk at 5:30.  I managed to get in 7 miles before I started to feel my legs burning.  By the time I got back to my parents house my legs were on fire!  I tried not to itch them, but you know I did.  I had a sense of relief until the burn came back worse than before!  I went and washed my legs off in an attempt to stop the allergic reaction.  No luck there, so it was off to get Benadryl.  By the time I got it, and put it on I had started to develop little blisters on my legs.  ( Still not sure what caused the reaction, but happy to report that half a tube of Benadryl later & I am fine.  We took the kids to Build-a-Bear today & Tyler got to make his new friend "Pikachu".  Tristin had made his bear four years ago when he was three, now it was Tyler's turn.  It was priceless to see him go through the process.  I got some wonderful pictures.  Tristin got a new outfit for his bear, "Shanie" while we were there.  I would love to share them, but can't at this point, because of not being on my own computer.  I will have to do a page of pictures as a re-cap once my Arizona trip is done.  Once we got done at Build-a-Bear we went by Lush, which is a wonderful store that has natural products.  If you ever get a chance to get by one I highly suggest taking a stop in.  We finished our outing by eating at 5 Guys and it was delicious!  We headed home and spent the rest of the day playing with Tyler's new bear & coloring the boxes that they gave us.  Now, on to the phone call.  I got a phone call tonight from Liz Parks, who is the Field Coordinator for the Susan G. Komen Arizona 3-Day for the Cure.  She called to ask me if I would want to be an Honor Flag Bearer.  I was thrilled, as well as being very touched.  So, I will now have the wonderful privileged of carrying the Honor Flag in Opening & Closing Ceremonies for "My Children".  At Closing Ceremonies I was asked if Tristin & Tyler would want to join me on the stage.  I proudly said, "Yes".  We will see if on Sunday the boys actually want to get up in front of everyone.  Either way, it is a huge honor & I am humbled... 

No comments:

Post a Comment