Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Learning the meaning of Patience...

This would be the blog entry for Sunday, November 13, 2011.
As the alarm went off Saturday Morning at 4am, my mind kept going back to Jim & what could I possibly do for him.   My Personal goal was to find "Patience" and to carry her for the next two days as Jim would have, every step of the way.  I found her that morning with another walker and explained why I really wanted to walk with her.  The other walker didn't even hesitate, he gave her to me wishing Jim all the best.  I found that the longer I walked with her, the more I learned.  Carrying a flag is not as easy as you might imagine.  It is kind of difficult to manage, especially when you like to take as many pictures as I do... Then you have to watch out for other walkers, trees, bushes and other obstacles.  Each step I took I learned the true meaning of "Patience" this is what it said when I looked up the word, and how fitting it was for my Journey... 
  pa·tience  noun
1.
the quality of being patient as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, 
or pain, without complaint, loss oftemper, irritation, or the like.
2.
an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with slow learner.
3.
quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence:to work with patience.

After lots of thought, with my sister agreeing we set into motion what I like to refer to "Operation 3-Day Love".  We bought a huge roll of paper and lots of pens.  At dinner I went table to table telling the walkers Jim's story and why I wanted to do this for him.  I didn't want to take away from anyone or their journey, but if they felt the way I did.    I wanted them to encourage Jim to finish his journey in San Diego, not Arizona.  I asked  the walkers, crew, safety as well as the kids crew and anyone else that would listen to me.  I was met with an over whelming out pouring of love.  I didn't have long to get this done so with the time I had I reached everyone I could.  I stayed until the dance party was over trying to make sure that everyone knew about the paper.  I finally got back to the hotel around 10pm.  I iced my leg before heading to bed, praying that Jim and his family were feeling the love from the 3-Day Community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment