Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Taking Stock...

Tonight as I sit here writing my blog I am looking at all of the things I have to be so very thankful for.  These days it is so easy to see all that is wrong with the world and how many things are broken.  It is so easy to get sucked into the negative or hate when things are not going well.  Since starting my 3-Day Journey 2 Years ago I have been given many wonderful gifts.  One, is having a new kind of "sight".  The vision that everything is beautiful, if I just take the time to really look at it, and learn to appreciate it for what it is.  Another one of the gifts that I have received is that, I no longer wait for tomorrow.  I embrace the moment when it is here.  It will never come again & in that moment.  I can make a difference, even if it is just with my attitude.  I have learned this year especially the meaning of Patience & Humility.  I was fortunate enough to be able to meet & see Jim Hillmann progress through his journey this year as he took on the daunting task of walking in all 14 cities.  As his story circulated & his popularity grew his ego did not, if anything, he became even more humble.  For two days I carried the Patience Flag in Arizona.  I did it to honor Jim, and as I did, and with every step I took, I learned the true meaning of Patience.  I can not properly tell you in words, the transformation that those two days carrying the flag has brought about in my life, but I can tell you that there is a change.  The 3-Day has brought about a profound change in my life in a positive way.  The new friends that I am so fortunate to have, and the clearer "vision" that it has given me.  I feel that through participating, I have learned to break down some walls that were built over the years and to look past what most people focus on.  I have been given the exceptional gift of being able to accept people for who they really are & love them for it.  Unconditional Support, Love & the True Desire to want the very best for your friends in every situation.  In a world where values, morals and family traditions are slowly being eroded away. I have found a place that for 3-Days in 14 cities the world is the way it was meant to be.  So tonight as I get ready for bed and I check on our two little angels with my husband, I take stock in the things that truly matter and say Thank You...    

No comments:

Post a Comment