Wednesday, November 16, 2011

After the 3-Day...

This would be the blog entry for Tuesday, November 15, 2011.
I know that I slept in for the first time since I had arrived in Arizona.  I missed the sunrise and the majestic beauty of the colors as they danced across the Monday morning sky.  I could not find the strength to drag myself out of bed.  Even if I had, I wouldn't have been able to walk around and enjoy it as I had in the days leading up to the 3-Day.  Chad, surprised me.  He had gotten up early and walked over to the park where I had trained getting ready for the walk.  He got lots of pictures of the sun as it rose high into the sky and brought about it's array of colors.  I was really touched by his gesture.  I was still struggling with every step.  I spent most of the morning with my leg elevated and ice on it.  My Sister and Matthew had already left to go back home and there was no need to rush today as we weren't leaving till the next morning.  I didn't start to worry until my leg started to change colors.  After lunch I decided that it would be far better to get checked out, and it be nothing.  Than think it was nothing, and it turn out to be something.  Six hours later, a few X-rays and a chat with Dr Thomas, I was told that he thought it was a high ankle sprain.  I was ordered off my feet for a week, and then a follow up with my primary Dr.  I was given Morphine and Toridol then fitted for crutches and given medication to take at home as needed.  I took a huge sigh of relief when I knew it wasn't a fracture, hairline or other.  Upon getting back to my parents house we put the kids to bed then it was time to get everything packed.  We were going to have to be up at 3am for our 6am flight.  We finally finished packing around 11pm and it was lights out as 3am was going to come fast...  

No comments:

Post a Comment