Saturday, June 16, 2012

Savvy Saturday ~ The Color Run


The Color Run
Welcome to another edition of Savvy Saturday.
Today I have the pleasure of introducing you to
The Color Run.
I posted about my intent to participate in The Cleveland Color Run back in April.
Today, along with my husband Chad, 
and my friends Julie and Staci, I ran in The Color Run.
What is The Color Run?
In my humble opinion, 
it is the most colorful and fun 5K run/walk EVER!
It is like a run through a rainbow.
Everyone starts off in white t-shirts


and ends up looking like a human tie-dyed rainbow!




Each kilometer of the run is dedicated
to a specific color.
The first kilometer is yellow.
The second kilometer is green.
The third is blue


The fourth is purple,
and the fifth is pink.
The finish is literally a color explosion!


Why did I do it, or really why would anybody?
Well, besides the obvious "because it is fun" reason,
it benefits some wonderful charities.
The Color Run is currently being run in 30 different cities all over the country.
Each city's run benefits a different charity.
Here in Cleveland, The Color Run benefited Richmond Heights Parks Association.
Charities in other cities include 
Habitat for Humanity, 
Meals on Wheels, 
The Ronald McDonald House, 
Police Unity Tour, etc.


The Color Run is for EVERYBODY 
of all ages, shapes, sizes, and fitness levels.


If you would like more information go to:
www.thecolorrun.com


You can also register to participate in The Color Run at the same website, 
but don't hesitate because they fill up very quickly.


I highly recommend The Color Run as it was an amazing experience and totally FUN!!!


XOXO....





No comments:

Post a Comment