Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Perfect~

Made a wrong turn
Once or twice
Dug my way out
Blood and fire
Bad decisions
That’s alright
Welcome to my silly life
Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood
Miss “no way it’s all good”
It didn’t slow me down
Mistaken
Always second guessing
Underestimated
Look, I’m still around…
Pretty, pretty please
Don’t you ever, ever feel
Like your less than
Less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like your nothing
You are perfect to me
You’re so mean
When you talk
About yourself
You are wrong
Change the voices
In your head
Make them like you
Instead
So complicated
Look how big you’ll make it
Filled with so much hatred
Such a tired game
It’s enough
I’ve done all i can think of
Chased down all my demons
see you same
Pretty, pretty please
Don’t you ever, ever feel
Like your less than
Less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like your nothing
You are perfect to me
The world stares while i swallow the fear
The only thing i should be drinking is an ice cold beer
So cool in lying and I tried tried
But we try too hard, it’s a waste of my time
Done looking for the critics, cuz they’re everywhere
They don’t like my jeans, they don’t get my hair
Stringe ourselves and we do it all the time
Why do we do that?
Why do I do that?
Why do I do that?
Yeah,
Ooh, oh, pretty pretty pretty,
Pretty pretty please don’t you ever ever feel
Like you’re less then, less than perfect
Pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel
Like you’re nothing you are perfect, to me
You’re perfect
You’re perfect
Pretty, pretty please don’t you ever ever feel like you’re less then, less than perfect
Pretty, pretty please if you ever ever feel like you’re nothing you are perfect to me
                         I picked this version, as I felt that the unedited 
version really did this song no justice...
&
 The official video,
 while moving, and powerful...
Didn't lend to what I wanted to convey.
I think that most of us are our own worst critic...
We are harder on ourselves than anyone else 
could ever be.
Some of us reach for perfection,
but the reality,
nothing in life is perfect.
Life is messy, 
mistakes are made.
Beating yourself up over it,
is basically...
Pointless!
As we make mistakes, we learn.
Not every lesson is one we want,
but if we can take something away from it 
and gain something...
We will grow.
Even if it is the knowledge that 
we never want to return to that situation again.
Life can be cruel,
people unforgiving,
but you don't need to be that way 
with yourself!
Let go of the pain,
the negative, self loathing thoughts...
Learn to Love Yourself,
JUST THE WAY YOU ARE...
Never apologize, 
for being uniquely you...
Some people will Love you for it,
others will criticize you.
Never let them change you!
No one has to walk in your shoes,
but you...
Make a life that you are proud of,
happy in
try to enjoy the Journey...
You are Beautiful,
You are Perfect...
Never Believe 
anything less...
                                                                XoXo

<3

One Last thought~
Darling,
Open your eyes
You are not made up of those words
that hurt you.
Or the number on the scale,
or the expectations that you feel 
you will never meet.
You are made up of nothing more
than you.
Simply, beautifully, wonderfully,
uniquely you.
You are lovely and a complex soul.
An individualy fascniating combination of
thoughts, ideas, feelings, emotions.
No other is as beautiful as you.
Look past the mirror.
Look at your soul.
Only then,
will you see 
yourself
as you truly
are...
Beautiful.
So Smile!
And don't Forget 
to
Love Yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment