Tuesday, September 27, 2011

11/26~Sleeping in &...


I meant to write in the blog yesterday, but my body was just craving sleep.  Apparently, I am not as young as I once was.  My body needs a little extra care, especially when I push it to it's limits and beyond.  So, we are going to start a new chapter & in the spirit of things, I gave the blog a new look at the same time.  So, I hope you like the new layout and look of the blog.  The Washington DC 3-Day was Amazing!  Getting to see the 3-Day from a different perspective is not only refreshing, but gives you a new appreciation for the event.  I enjoyed cheering on every single walker and crew member.  Trying to find new ways to inspire and motivate them as they were going through their journey.  I was always pleasantly surprised and honored when someone wanted to take my picture.  I had plenty of "costume" changes to keep things fun. I got the opportunity to share time with some wonderful people that were there for the same reason.  To cheer on & motivate everyone.  It was very empowering.  I think that I am going to try something new and crew in a city instead of walking.  Not sure when or where at this point, but I am looking at all of my options.  Starting tomorrow, I will do a re-cap of the time I spent going to & at the 3-Day in Washington DC.  45 days till my journey begins with my sister in Arizona.  I spoke with her earlier tonight and she is nervous about the journey, but not willing to give up on it.  I told her that we are not doing this to prove that we can walk the 60 miles, but to take a journey as sisters together.  If we can only complete a few miles each day together, then so be it.  To know what she has gone through and is still going through, I am touched that she still has the drive & determination to go on this journey with me and I can't wait to share the time together...   

No comments:

Post a Comment