Thursday, September 15, 2011

Letting Go...

‎"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar & seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous & exciting, for in movement there is life, & in change there is power." ~Alan Cohen

I found this quote today and it was powerful, it spoke to me.  I am in a state of release.  I am letting go of some of the comfort in the familiarity in my life and getting ready to embrace something new.  Over the last week I have been trying to deal with the death of two young children.  They were totally different circumstances but both extremely tragic.  My mind keeps racing over different events in my life, and the one thing that I keep coming back to is that once I joined the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure, I learned to appreciate the time that I have been given.  I try to savor the moments with those that I love and live in the moment.  Don't worry about tomorrow, it will come wether you are ready or not.  I think my biggest fear at this point, is getting to the end and looking back wondering if I have really lived.   I hope as the weekend fast approaches that you take every opportunity to get out there and live!  Don't be afraid to get out there and do something new, shake off the familiar and gain the courage to try something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment