Sunday, September 18, 2011

Say a Prayer...

As promised, yesterday I eluded that there was something on my mind.  Today, I will share with you... Many months ago I shared with you a blog that is written about an Amazing woman.  This woman's name is Taylor.  She is 23 years old and has spent the last 7 & 1/2 months in a hospital fighting the cancer that is ravaging her body.  She has undergone countless surgeries, had many set backs, but yet she forges forward with love, hope and faith.  The other day she made a bold move to check herself out of the hospital that she has been in for 7 & 1/2 months to go somewhere where she hopes they will have someone with fresh eyes and an approach that will help her.  I have never met Taylor, but I feel like I know her so well.  Joyce, is the woman who started the blog and who keeps us updated as to what's going on with Taylor.  I had the pleasure of meeting Joyce last year in DC at the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.  I look back now and feel blessed that a year ago I decided to get so involved in the 3-Day community.  I have met some of the most Amazing people.  I can never say enough about the 3-Day community.  I love them so.  But I want to get back to Taylor.  I don't know where she is at this point and it doesn't matter.  What matters is that she is being taken care of.  I am asking that as you read this entry tonight that you keep Taylor in your prayers & keep passing along the story.  Pass along the blog address so that others can stop by, read about Taylor & lift her name up in prayers, sign her guest book and leave her a smile & support.  As I said before, I have never met Taylor, but I know as sure as I am writing this blog that she deserves a Miracle... In her 23 years she has lived more than some do in 80 years, but she still Deserves a Lifetime.  Please take a moment to read about Taylor, pass the blog address along and take a moment to Pray for Taylor.   Here is the blog address... Team 15%  to really appreciate all of this, you will have to go back to the beginning.  Yes, it will take you all the way back to January... But I PROMISE you, that after you read all of it & what Joyce continues to post you will realize that Everyone Deserves a Lifetime, that Taylor is one in a Trillion.  She has a Faith like no one you have ever met, and most of all that when the average person is having a bad day it is NOTHING compared to what some people are dealing with on a daily basis.  Her words will touch you & change you.  I hope that it will give you a new appreciation for the life that you are living.  In closing tonight I just want to remind you to...  Get checked often, even if it turns out to be nothing, so many people that I have talked to that have cancer say the same thing time & time again.  Go early!  Don't wait & if you feel that your Dr. is wrong, go & seek out someone else's advice!  You are the only one that truly knows your body.  Don't wait, it is so important & could just save your life.  Be Kind to Yourself & to Others, Treat Every Day like it was a Gift.  I'm not saying that every day will be filled with Hearts & Rainbows, but it is one more day that you have here, with those that you Love & that Love You.  Never forget to tell people how much you Love them & what they mean to you.  Dance Often, Love with Reckless Abandonment & Enjoy Moments with those you Cherish. XoXo
As you prepare for bed tonight, please keep Taylor in your Prayers...
We will keep the candles burning bright here for her healing & her return to Nashville...

No comments:

Post a Comment