If you have an extra 20 minutes and a skillet, you can treat your family to a complete and tasty meal!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion ( I like Vidalia Onions better )
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 8 baby gold or fingerling potatoes, quartered (about 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
INSTRUCTIONS:In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until soft. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes. Add thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute, still stirring occasionally, until thyme is fragrant. Add potatoes, broth and maple syrup and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender. Add zucchini and cook for 1 minute, until crisp-tender.
By Robin Miller | Photo: Gregory James, Food Styling: Jessica ColleyPosted on September 16, 2011 Clean Eating
Nutrients per 2-cup serving: Calories: 300, Total Fat: 6 g, Sat. Fat: 1.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g, Carbs: 33 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 12 g, Protein: 28 g, Sodium: 340 mg, Cholesterol: 65 mg