Monday, January 23, 2012

No Picture Required~

I don't need to post a picture for today's blog entry because sometimes you don't need a picture to see how genuinely ugly people can be.  I am talking about ugly behaviors, actions, deeds and words as opposed to a person's physical attributes.
  
I am sure some of you who follow my blog are surprised to hear me speak so candidly about this topic.  I try very hard to keep this blog and the messages contained in it uplifting and positive.  I am of the opinion that there is enough ugliness, hatred, ill-will and negativity in the world, so I do not need to add to it or give it any more life or energy than it already receives.   I am sure at this point you are probably asking yourself why in the world am I going there tonight then?  Well, to be perfectly honest and frank, it has been an extremely difficult day to "pratice what I preach!"


I have never claimed to be perfect and I never will.  I am the first one to admit with brutal honesty and sincerity that I am flawed and have my fair share of imperfections.   With that being said, I do, however, strive to be the best "me" that I can be.  I was made perfect in my maker's eyes and that should be enough.  Due to a situation that I found myself in today, I became aware that apparently, to some, that is NOT the case.  In an effort to protect the ignorant and the uninformed, I won't go into specifics.  Suffice it to say, it was very unpleasant, ugly, and mean spirited.  At first, I was stunned and hurt but after thinking about it this is what I want everyone to remember.  We all have worth, but we are all flawed in one way or other. These flaws may not always be visible, but each one of us has our own unique idiosyncrasies.  If we expect people to accept us with our imperfections and failings then we need to do the same for everyone else.


Unfortunately, some people think they are superior to others.  Their perceived superiority may exist because of their social standing, socioeconomic status, or pedigree.  Although we all put our pants on one leg at a time, some think it is their right or even their duty to point out the flaws or to voice their opinions of others regardless of how this may affect or hurt the other person.  I want to remind these people that those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.  In other words, unless they are prepared to have their flaws and imperfections pointed out and scrutinized they should seriously keep their mouths shut. 

Personally, I don't care who you think you are because the reality is no one is any better than anyone else.  We all should be working on ourselves to be good people who do the right things and strive to live our lives in a manner that will please our maker.  A person's status as a celebrity, highly paid professional or whatever else that makes them think they are better than the rest of us really won't matter much in the end.  They do not have the right nor is it their duty to tell someone what they consider the worth or value of that person .  They have no idea what that person has been through or is going through, so do us all a favor and stop spewing out your hateful or opinionated poison because it isn't going to bring about a positive result.  In fact, it will probably do the exact opposite!


In an effort to end on a positive note, here is my parting thought and something for all of us to remember.

A Smile costs nothing, but gives much.
It enriches those who receive, without making poorer those who give.
It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever.
None is so rich or mighty that he can get along without it, and none is so poor, but that he can be made rich by it.
A Smile creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in business, and is the countersign of friendship.
It brings rest to the weary, cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and it is nature’s best antidote for trouble.
Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone, until it is given away.
Some people are too tired to give you a smile;
Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give. ~ Author Unknown

Thank you for bearing with me this evening, and indulging me in this thought process.  I hope I am leaving you with a positive message and smile (and a picture afterall).  XOXO...

No comments:

Post a Comment