Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Plan the work & work the plan...

The Book of Ideas...
Today was a slight diversion from my normal routine.  I spent the day going through my book from last year.  I got on the phone and called all of my donors from last year.  Many said that they were expecting my call.  It was good to know that I have built a relationship with these people and have their support.  Makes it emencly easier not having to start at ground zero.  Not to say that it still isn't work, but when you already have a solid foundation, it is so much easier!  On a high note, I got a letter today with a check to go towards my walk.  Amazingly, I never even contacted this person.  Two weeks till my first fundraiser and I am already feeling the pressure starting to build.  Wanting to pull off an amazing event, one that people will talk about for a long time to come.  I want people to have a wonderful, fun time that takes you away from everything, even if it is only for a little while.  I tend to go over the top when I do events.  If I had more money I would even go bigger!  As a Marine, I have learned that you can go very far with very little.  Just remember to plan the work and work the plan.  I know from experience until you have all the money raised that you need, you are always feeling the pressure.  Just remember this, you have lots of people in the 3-day community that are willing to lend a helping hand and give you ideas.  I am always amazed at the endless creativity of people in the community and their willingness to share them with others.  If you start to feel overwhelmed, take a break, take a walk & revisit your plan.  It will work, as long as your willing to work at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment