Saturday, March 12, 2011

You are never Alone...

Even if you are an individual walking in the 3-Day you are never alone.  Support comes in many forms.  From all of those people that wish you well as they donate to you, to the business that reaches out to help you achieve your vision for an event.  As you walk the people that reach out to you and "Thank You" as they share their stories.  When you train you may be alone, but if you extend your hand to others you may just find that as you support them they are doing the same for you.  Strange as it may sound, I don't train alone even though I am always alone when I train.  You see I have my friends that are with me. Mel that is in DC and Joyce that is in Nashville and all my other friends that are doing the same thing as me are with me every time I lace up my shoes.  I know that all I have to do is reach out to them and they will support me in any way that they can, as I would do for them.  This is the beautiful thing about the 3-Day.  Even if you have never met someone before, you find that your kindered spirits and desire for finding a cure trancend time and space.  So, if while you are on your 3-Day journey if you start to feel alone reach out and you will be suprised how many people will be there for you.

1 comment:

  1. I will ALWAYS be glad that my team was an odd # of people last year and that I needed to find a tent mate. And grateful to Joyce for pointing me towards meeting you! I will be wearing my bracelets from you last year so that I can think of you when I'm doing my solo training walks this year. Love you Malinda!!!!

    ReplyDelete