Saturday, April 16, 2011

Change of Scenery...

Today, as I walk I realize that my environment plays a great part in my training.  Starting out for a simple training walk.   I found that because I was somewhere new and was seeing different things, I ended up going much further that I was planning on.  I almost doubled my miles just by changing my surroundings.  I feel so invigorated!  Having sunshine on my side, sand beneath my feet while listening to the sound of the ocean waves crashing against the beach and smelling the intoxicating smell of the salt water.  Yes, I am in the land of eternal sunshine with the added bonus of H2o!  I am currently in Huntington Beach California, getting ready to surprise my life long friend Debbie for her Birthday.  She has no idea that I flew in yesterday afternoon.  I went out with her brothers last night.  Jeff, Chris & me hanging out like old times.  Makes me thankful for all of the great memories that we have shared over the years.  We don't get to spend time together like we once did, but now every meeting is a celebration.  Tonight will be no different!  I can't wait to see Debbie's face when she see's everyone that has come together to celebrate her special day.  I could get used to the training in the sunshine!

1 comment: