Thursday, April 14, 2011

If Only I Could Walk Barefoot...

The way you walk... The shoes you wear...Sounds like the beginning of a great commercial right?  Nope, instead the start of a friendship with some shoes that I hope will take me far.  These "Cute" little shoes are my newest addition to my 3-Day gear.  You might be asking at this point what are they?  They are called Vibram Fivefingers.  This style is known as "Bikila".  I anxiously have been awaiting their arrival.  I saw a couple of the staff in Cleveland last year wearing them.  At the time I already had my training buddies broken in and wasn't about to switch at that point.  So, thinking that it is still early enough to break in these beauties for the 3-Day events and the 5K in Columbus.  They use what they call barefoot technology.  This particular models tread design was made to offer more traction over a variety of surfaces.    The shoe uses Vibram TC-1 performance rubber that delivers an excellent "foot feel" without compromising abrasion resistance.  They offer the wearer a 4mm anatomical pod outsole design, which distributes forefoot impact forces, without compromising important  ground feedback essential to a proper forefoot strike running form.  Another feature of the shoe is a 3mm Drilex covered Polyuerthane footbed that offers more planting protection.  On the top of the shoe they have an adjustable strap that allows you to adjust security and fit.  Lastly, they have a AEGIS Microbe Shield.  It is a revolutionary bonded antimicrobial technology that provides protection against odor, staining and deterioration.  It is a permanently bonded antimicrobial barrier.  Meets with EPA and Global registrations.  So, if all of this has left you wanting to know more about them or wanting to try out your own set of these beauties check out their website at www.vibramfivefingers.com/
You can also, go to www.aegismicrobeshield.com to get additional information  about the microbe shield.  So, I am going to break them in and let you know what my take is on these.  I can tell you that for some reason they seem to draw attention? Weird hu?     

1 comment:

  1. Malinda,
    I walked most of the Tampa Bay 3-Day in these last year (about 40 miles). I did tape my feet with Kinesiology tape for added support. I also did this to prevent getting a blister on the top of my foot strap and on the heel when breaking them in.

    Even though I did end up with a few blisters, my feet weren't sore at the end of the day. I will warn you that they get pretty nasty from using Body Glide, but they do wash up pretty well.

    Planning on wearing Vibrams again this year.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete