Sunday, April 17, 2011

Taking a Day of Rest...

Today was a lazy day... After last night it was needed!  Got up rather late,( I traded in my usual 6:30am wake up, for an Oh, so lazy 9:30am ).  Once all packed up, we drove from Fountain Valley to Dana Point.  Upon my arrival at Debbie's,  we had a wonderful brunch.  ( A mixed Omelet, Hash Browns, Nut Bread, Fresh Fruit Salad, and then a beautiful Green Spinach Salad.  Finished off the meal with a Mimosa ).  Yumm-O!!! That's all I can say.   While the boys watched Nascar and then Hockey.  Deb decided to show me their park that is located down the street from the house.  Donovan rode his scooter as we walked and talked.  Kalia decided to stay home and take a nap.  Lovely Sunshine!  Deb & I threw a Frisbee around for a bit while Donovan played on the jungle gym.  Then it was time to head back home.  I got to take some great pictures along the way.  We even stopped to enjoy a few honey suckles, while I was taking time to appreciate my surroundings.  It's funny how when you live somewhere for so long you forget to take time to enjoy what you have.  We get tied up in the hustle & bustle of things.  I know that this is just part of life, but what a wonderful gift to see something with fresh eyes.  Being able to enjoy everything that surrounds us.  Makes me thankful for all the gifts I have in my life.  I will get back to training tomorrow.  Today was reserved for Family, Friends and wonderful moments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment