Friday, May 6, 2011

Fantastic Foodie Fridays *Drunk Citrus Chicken*

This is my own recipe...  I never really cook with exact measurements, I believe in playing with flavors & amounts till you get what works for you.  This one is fun & yummy.  Don't worry the alcohol will burn off.


Ingredients:
Chicken ( I used 4 breasts skinned and all visible fat trimmed off )
Limes  ( 2 Juiced with pulp )
Lemons ( 2 Juiced with pulp)
Oranges (2 Juiced with pulp)
Captains Morgans Parrot Bay Key Lime Rum 
( 3/4 cup )
and a Dash of Salt


I put all of these into a Ziploc bag and let it marinade for a day or two.  I usually take a fork and poke holes in the chicken.  I take the chicken out of the Ziploc, and grill it up on the Big Green Egg.  I serve the chicken with a fruit salad and a mixed green salad with a raspberry walnut vinaigrette.  If you want it to be a little more tropical you can use a little coconut milk and pineapple rings in the recipe.  It's light meal and tastes wonderful.  I hope you enjoy it!


When you are done with the Limes, Lemons and Oranges you can put them in your garbage disposal and grind them up for a burst of fresh citrus in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment