Sunday, May 15, 2011

Race for the Cure

This is Actually Saturday's May 14, 2011 post.  We had a wonderful time in Columbus, unfortunately I did not have access to the internet which is a problem when you try to write a daily blog.  I had never been to a Race for the Cure before, it was nothing less than Amazing!  Last count of people in attendance was 83 Thousand!  There were all types of cool tents out for different vendors, ( My personal favorite was the FORD Warriors in Pink )  I got to see the Black Mustang with Pink Detailing and I LOVED it!  I decided to get an Airbrushed Tattoo from the tent so, naturally Tristin & Tyler wanted one too!   It was interesting to see which one they picked, what it meant and where they wanted it placed.  Good times had by all.  Tristin decided to walk the 5K with us at the last moment.  We had a great walk.  It was nice to be able to spend that time with Ashleigh as we don't get to spend a lot of time together.  After the walk we caught up with Chad's sisters and Chris at "Knead".  I thought I lost my camera, so I ran 8 blocks back to find out that I had left my camera in the car... Oh well, got in a few more miles in the process and had a touching moment.  I met a man named Carl that was selling papers on the street.  I was so flushed from running he reached into his pocket and gave me a dollar to get a drink.  I refused, but he continued to insist, not wanting to be rude, I took the dollar and thanked him.  We chatted for a bit, in the conversation he told me how cool he thought it was that I was so involved in the 5K & 3-Day events.   I later found out that Carl was homeless.  I felt awful to have taken the dollar from him.  We worked our way back to the spot I met him at and he was gone.  So, I just wanted to say Thank you to Carl, for reaching out to someone else in need.  I think that's beyond Cool!  

No comments:

Post a Comment