Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Thoughts ...

"The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it. The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it. American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them."  




 I found this on Facebook on one of my friends posts.  It spoke to me, so I am passing it along.  Maybe it will change the way you look at the American Flag as it did for me.  I am constantly amazed when I can learn to see something in a different light.  The American Flag is no different is this respect for me.  I grew up with the American Flag in my school, every morning I would place my hand over my heart and say the American Allegiance.  Then as I grew up through my mother's guidance and passion I became part of the CAR ( Children of the American Revolution).    I learned of my family's history and where we came from.  As a young adult, I joined the Marines and came to have a different understanding and respect for our American Flag.  Today, from the simple post that was on my friend's Facebook page, I see the American Flag and all of my friends, fellow service members and hero's moving the flag, reminding us that our freedom wasn't free.  This Marine Salutes all of those that have gone before me to secure my freedoms, that believed in those freedoms enough to give their last breath defending those rights.  You will not be forgotten or your sacrifice.  I extend my deepest gratitude to all service members for their dedication, sacrifice and constant vigilance in defending our freedoms that we take for granted, and to their families that hope, pray and support their loved ones from home.  GOD BLESS the USA!  



No comments:

Post a Comment