Monday, May 16, 2011

Get out there and Live!



I think sometimes as people we forget that we have to participate in our lives to effect and affect change. We are responsible for our choices, which can have positive or negative results, but we have to own our choices. As Kirk Franklin's new song says "Today is a new day, Smile!". Heads up people it's not over yet, claim it and own it!  My girlfriend Dana Myers, had this posted on her Facebook today.  ( I changed it a little )  I decided that it would be fitting to have as my blog tonight especially seeing, that we have a new spokesperson for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Events, Dr. Sheri Phillips.  Welcome to the PINK FAMILY!  We are a bunch of women and men on a mission to walk until there is no need for us to.  You will see some of the craziest outfits and coolest T-Shirts EVER!  We are dedicated to make a change and a difference.  I have met some of the most creative, loving and sensational people ever, just by walking.  As ugly as cancer is, I have met some of the most beautiful people.  I have always been one to take a challenge and run with it.  The 3-Day for the Cure and now the 5K~ Race for the Cure that are both Susan G. Komen events are no exception.  I hope that our new spokes woman feels the love that this community reverberates.  If you ever go to one of these events, even as a spectator, you will be touched.  I challenge each and every one of you to actively participate in your life.  There are no dress rehearsals for this one!  Enjoy the Journey and don't be afraid to go out and try new things, meet new people and maybe, just maybe touch a life.  XoXo



No comments:

Post a Comment