Monday, July 11, 2011

Can't always be...

Cord & Betheny
a cheerleader.  With that being said, I do have control over what I say or do.  I hope that when you come here you find the blog to be fun, interesting and can even take something away from it to maybe share with another.   I have been agonizing over my post all day trying to write about something other than this, but I have been consumed.  So I hope you will forgive me but today was a difficult day.  Nearly five months ago a friend of mine ( Cord ) was murdered along with his girlfriend.  Even now, I still have a hard time grasping what exactly happened and why.  I don't think I will ever forget his smile, the way he would light up a room by just being himself along with his kind and gentile manor.  I know what I have read in the paper, been told & have heard in the news, but to me it just doesn't add up.  The unkindest cut of all is that the person who killed Cord & Betheny was a friend of Cord's family.  I have agonized over this for months as have their respective families and friends.  Throughout this whole ordeal the families have been so loving and supportive of each other.  Today instead of setting a trial date, the sentencing was handed down.  Last night I stayed up trying to find the right words to have the judge read before he handed down his sentencing.  I have to admit that it was not the outcome that I had hoped for, but at least now the families can try to start the healing process.  There are no words that can fill the void that is and will forever be.  If you ever get a chance to just listen to everyone that knew Cord and Betheny you just know that in their short lives they lived more than some people do who live to reach their "Golden years".  Sending up healing prayers for the Families and Friends of Cord & Betheny.  They will never be forgotten , they live on in our Hearts & Sweet Memories.


                                                              XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment