Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lifting up Another...

Well, today has brought about many emotions for me.  I spent the morning at the MMPA Bash that was held at the Kathryn Rose Center.  I was there from 10:00 am till 6:00 pm spreading awareness about Alpha-Pink-Omega and the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure that is happening here, in Cleveland in 27 days!  I met some new friends and got to visit with some friends that I have not seen in a while.  Upon returning home I went on Facebook and came across two posts that brought me to tears.  The first post was written by a friend that I went to High School with.  She lost her brother, Brandon nine years ago as of tomorrow.  I have very fond memories of her brother and just hearing the news was heart breaking.  I borrowed this quote from her page. 


"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in my pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return." -Mary Jean Irion, Writer & Poet


The second post came from my friend Mj Brennan, we "met" here on Facebook earlier this year.  She has  an amazing talent for capturing the most breath taking photo's.  Mj kindly donated some of her prints to my auction that we held earlier this year to help benefit the Susan G. Komen foundation.  I read her post and it tore at my heart.  Sandra, who is Mj's dear friend, son Nathan passed away earlier today.  He was only 20 years old.  I don't know the specifics of what transcended and it really doesn't matter.  All I know is as a mother myself ( with two young sons).  I can't even start to fathom the depths of loss that Sandra and her family is feeling during this time as they come to terms with their loss of Nathan, or as my girlfriend and her family had to with the loss of Brandon.  I contacted Mj and my friend from High School to express my deepest condolences.  After speaking with Mj on the phone I told her that I wanted to do anything I could to help Sandra and her family during this difficult time.  Mj is donating all proceeds from the sale of her pictures to help with funeral costs for Nathan.  These are her web sites  www.etsy.com/shop/mjab or www.mjbrennanphoto.com either site you can place an order on and the money will be given to Sandra's family to help pay for funeral expenses.  I know that usually I write all about my PINK journey and that is what my blog is dedicated to, but every now and again something happens.  A story that needs to be told and a hand that needs to be held, as a heart tries to mend.  I can not change what has happened, but I know that with your help, generosity and love we together can help at least one family during their most difficult time.  Please take a moment of your time and look at Mj's photos they are truly stunning as you can see from the two that I have chosen to highlight here.  As for Brandon, those of us that knew him have fond memories that live within our hearts which time will never fade and moments that will never be forgotten.  As you celebrate this weekend with your loved ones and friends I hope that you will cherish every moment that you are given and make the most of those moments.   




                                                                                                                    
                                                                                                                    XoXo 

No comments:

Post a Comment