Friday, July 1, 2011

Fantastic Foodie Fridays~Broiled Lamb Skewers with Baby Arugula & Lemon Vinaigrette

When I made this recipe, I found that tweaking a few different things made all the difference to me.  First, I made two batches of the marinade.  Using one to soak the lamb over night, so that it would retain a stronger flavor of the marinade.  Doing this made the meat extremely tender and caused me to use less of the second batch of dressing that was used on my salad.  The other thing I did, helped to lighten the calorie count even further.  I did this by trimming all visible fat, using a light sour cream and replacing the Feta Cheese with a light version of Feta.  I also like this recipe with Vidalia Onions which are a little bit sweeter.  The recipe below I left in it's original form without my changes.  This way you can tweak it as you see fit or leave it as is.





No comments:

Post a Comment