Thursday, June 30, 2011

As you get Ready ...

I just wanted to take a moment to wish every one of you a Safe, Wonderful & hopefully Memorable 4th of July surrounded by Family and Friends.  Life is fleeting, there are no promises for tomorrow, so we have to treasure each moment that we are given.  I guess this weekend in and amongst all of the festivities, fun and memory making.  I would just make one simple request...  If you come across a Military Member or Vet, please take a moment of your time to say Thank You.  These hard working Men & Women give up so much to secure our safety here and abroad.  I still have several friends that are still actively, selflessly giving it there all, every day.  While I was serving in the Marine Corps I learned many things, made some amazing friendships and went places I had only read about before.  Know that as we prepare for our cookouts and fireworks there are many military members that are away from their friends, families standing duty ready to answer the call if necessary.  One of my dear friends has found her own way to honor our military members.  Cathy from Cathy's Creations, she makes absolutely gorgeous jewelry.  Right now, through the month of July, for every bracelet that is purchased Cathy is donating $5.00 of it, giving back to support our Troops.  Here is her link, you can read her story and I encourage you to look at all of her beautiful, wearable works of art.  Cathy's Creations: We remember.  Just let her know that you came by to show her some love from Alpha-Pink-Omega!  This weekend I will raise my glass to each and every one of you.  Thanking you for coming here to read my blog & showing me your support.  It means the world to me and in 29 days I will walk 60 miles to show my support and love for all that have been touched by cancer. 
                                                                          XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment