Monday, June 20, 2011

Five Weeks or 39 Days to Go ...

Can't believe that in 39 Days I will be walking again in Cleveland!  Where does the time go?  I am getting so excited to see all of my PINK family again.  If I am totally honest, I don't feel like my training for Cleveland has gone as smoothly as it did last year, but I keep doing what I can, as I can.  I know that just being around everyone at the event is an adrenaline rush all on it's own.  Yes, it's still 60 miles, but it seems easier when you are walking it with friends.  So many things have changed since last year.  What I am eating, the gear that I am wearing and my level of comfort with the walk.  Last year I did most of my training in the gym, countless hours walking on a treadmill in the dead of the night.  This year, almost all of my miles have been out on the road, going down the sidewalks, dealing with the curbs and many hills.  I miss going to Snap and walking at night as I can get in many more miles and hours, but getting real road time is priceless.  So, in 39 days we will see if my new approach, works.  

No comments:

Post a Comment