Thursday, June 2, 2011

Final Days ...

Jungle Terry
My son's school is closing down, so we are busy packing, getting things all finished up.  Tomorrow will be their end of the year carnival/ fun day.  We borrowed my father in-law's old time popcorn machine which is a lot of fun.  Then we will have one of our local talents "Jungle Terry" bring in his animals so the kids can see them and learn about their habits and habitats.  Tristin is excited that for the first time ever, he will be in school to celebrate his birthday.  As we leave McKinsey, it will be a time of reflection .  There will be some sadness as we let go of the familiar and known.  As we go forward no knowing what lies ahead in the new schools and campus there is a little apprehension.  My two year stint of being the Vice President of the PTO is coming to an end.  I will miss some of the people that I have had the opportunity to work with and get to know over the last two years.   I am looking forward to summer, the 3-day walk in Cleveland and new fundraising opportunities to get ready for the walk in Arizona with my sister.  

No comments:

Post a Comment