Tuesday, June 14, 2011

H20 ~ Not just for Drinking ...

Decided it was time for Tristin & Tyler to get some good old fashioned swimming lessons.  We trucked down to the YMCA in Madison, a little further of a drive, but worth every extra mile.  While the kids were taking their lessons, I was watching as they took delight in being around the other kids and getting in the water!  They were disappointed that it was only a 1/2 hour session, but I think it is just enough for kids their age.  Afterwards we went hunting for new things to put in our pantry.  After spending about 2 hours reading food labels and trying to find new things that we all agreed would be interesting to try.  If we couldn't pronounce the ingredients on the label we didn't buy it, we also looked for items that had no preservatives. Once we got home the kids helped to wash the fruits and veggies.  We pulled out the marinated chicken and then grilled it up on the Big Green Egg.  I steamed some broccoli, the kids decided on a romaine salad with light ranch dressing.  For "dessert" the kids had cottage cheese with fresh pineapple.  Got the kids off to bed and then got in 6 miles on the treadmill, adding that to the 6 miles I walked earlier today that puts me at 12 miles for the day... Starting to feel a little bit better, not having the cravings for the sweets or soda as much.  I have found as long as I keep eating the smaller 5 or 6 meals a day I don't have the urge to eat too much or snack on things that I know aren't good for me. Oh, and water, water, water...  I am drinking more water than I ever thought possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment