Friday, June 10, 2011

Fantastic Foodie Fridays~ Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Ginger Rice & Bok Choy

I made this for dinner last night.  I wasn't sure about the teriyaki sauce on the salmon, but I hanged my mind as soon as it hit my mouth!  I will defiantly add this to my new selection of recipes!  I have to get used to eating brown rice.  I have always loved white rice, but little by little I am changing over to a new way of thinking.  Also, if you have never had grilled pineapple, I highly suggest it.  Next time I will use fresh pineapple but the caned worked just fine.


Grilled Teriyaki Salmon with Ginger Rice & Bok Choy


Ingredients:
Two 4-oz. pieces of Wild Salmon  (without the skin)
3 Tbsp. Teriyaki Marinade or Sauce
2 Pineapple Rings, Canned in Juice. Drained 
1 Garlic Clove
1 Medium Head of Bok Choy, roughly chopped
1/2 Tsp. Sesame Oil
1/3 Cup of Brown Rice
1 Tsp. Powered Ginger


Directions:  
Marinade the salmon the teriyaki overnight, or at least for an hour before grilling. Grill the salmon for 5 minutes on each side.  Place pineapple slices on the grill for 2 minutes and sear.
Into a rice cooker or saucepan add rice, 2/3 cup of water, and 1 tsp. powdered ginger. Cook on low heat until rice is tender.  Meanwhile, spritz nonstick cooking spray and 1/2 tsp. sesame oil into a frying pan.  Saute 1 garlic cloven the book choy until soft, yet still crisp.       ( Makes 2 Servings )  


Nutrition Information:
Calories : 336
Protein: 27 g
Carbs: 41 g
Total Fat: 6 g
Fiber: 2 g















No comments:

Post a Comment