Monday, July 18, 2011

Elite Fighting Forces ...

I have had the Honor of being part of two of the finest fighting forces in the world.  Let me say before I go on that I take NOTHING away from anyone else, in ANY other branch of the service.  It takes all of us to defend this Beautiful Country and I Salute every Service Member & Thank them for their Sacrifices.  I was proud to serve as a United States Marine.  I met some of the finest people that I would ever want to meet.  I had the opportunity to spend a year over in Okinawa, Japan and fell in Love.  Sweet Memories that will forever be etched in my Heart, Mind & Soul... That being said, last year I came to be part of another elite fighting force.  The Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.  They have helped to pave the way for awareness, support, cutting edge treatments and advances in the breast cancer community.  I am proud to say that I am entering into my second year walking with some of the kindest, caring and genuine people that you would ever want to meet.  Once strangers, becoming family in the matter of 3-Days.  ( Where it took me 3 months in the Marines to have that same feeling ).  Last year I walked in Cleveland then in October I was off to Washington DC.  I have met countless women & men that I could list here, and how much they mean to me as well as how truly Amazing they are.  Each in their own special way, but they already know.  So, I will just say Thank You!  Each one of you have touched, enriched and hold a special place in my heart.  I have a feeling that this year will be no different.  This year I was given the honor to serve as an on-line ambassador and a training walk leader.  In May I participated in my first Race for the Cure in Columbus, Ohio.  Cleveland in 11 Days, then off to Arizona in November with my Sister by my side for her first 3-Day experience.  No matter where I go or where my life takes me, I will always look back on these experience as some of my most memorable, rewarding and life changing...




No comments:

Post a Comment