Thursday, August 18, 2011

Enjoying...

As Summer starts to wind down and we prepare the kids to go back to school.  I find that I am holding on to every minute I can get with the kids.  Today we played outside and made drawings on the driveway with chalk.  Then we took a trip to a local treasure know to locals as    ( Brant's Apple Farm ).  They are a family owned business and we love every time we get the chance to go there to try their latest harvest of apples.  One of the things I look forward to every fall is making weekly or bi-weekly trips out to Brants.  It is always a wonderful feeling knowing that you are supporting a local farmer and getting fresh off the farm goodness.  They have a wonderful bakery, but I love mixing the apples and making my own fresh apple sauce.  I also in & amongst everything today was working on making contacts for the Memorial.  I have a contact that is willing to work with me on acquiring bulbs for the different spots starting in Mid-November.  I am excited as I reach out to people I am getting a very positive response.  

No comments:

Post a Comment