Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mini-Vacation...

While I still had the chance, and the kids are in their final days of vacation.  I decided to take them to visit their Great Grandmother. My parents flew in from Arizona, so that the kids could also get a visit in with their Nana & Grandfather.  Today we drove in from Ohio, had lunch.  Then we were off to go visit Great Grandma.  My Mission is to take a picture with my Mother & Grandmother.  This year my Grandmother became a 26 year breast cancer survivor and my Mother an 11 year survivor.  Since I started walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the cure, I have come to realize that my family is extremely blessed.  Before becoming a 3-Day walker I thought that everyone was like my family with their success rate when dealing with breast cancer.  I have learned, sadly that this is not the case.  So, until we can get everyone to be long term survivors, or until we wipe out breast cancer all together.  I will be walking, 3-Days and 60 Miles in any city that hosts the walk.  In November it will be Arizona with my sister.  Next year, I am already signed up for Boston then Cleveland.  Who knows where I might end up?  

No comments:

Post a Comment